2016 - 2017 Dates
First Holy Communion
First Holy Communion Dress Requirements
All First Holy Communion Boys
- A white shirt with a dark suit or dark pants and a dark jacket (dark blue, gray, or black)
- A solid-colored gray, black, or dark blue tie
- Dark dress shoes and socks
- The traditional practice of wearing a white arm band bow on the left arm has been restored and is required for each boy. The girls always look so beautiful in their white dresses and veils; we want our boys to feel just as special. These are readily available at religious goods stores.
All First Holy Communion Girls
- A modest white dress which falls below the knee and has some kind of sleeve. Please, if the dress your child is wearing is sleeveless or has spaghetti straps, make sure she wears a white cover-up, jacket, or sweater.
- White dress socks and white socks or stockings
- A white head covering. This could include a First Communion veil, chapel veil, or flower wreath. White barrettes with flowers and ribbons attached will also be acceptable.